You've got to love them curly braces! Haven't you?
Bjarne Stroustrup, who invented C++ was quoted as saying he created it so difficult to use in order to make more work for programmers like him!
I suspect C#, which was invented by another Nordic developer, Anders Hejlsberg , was created for the same reason (why do they torture us?).
I remember when Visual Basic was good enough - but then C# became the 'in thing'. I resisted at first - because Microsoft do have form for launching new tech which doesn't take and they drop it like a hot CPU. Remember Silverlight?
Eventually I jumped on board and here I am posting a bunch of library of accumulated code that I hope you might find useful.
Let me know if it is (useful) and email me if you have any questions.
- Sample Extension Methods
- Convert lapsed date interval to words
- Decode String from HTML
- Encode String to HTML
- Extension method CalculateAge
- Extension Method for LINQ conditional expressions
- Extension Method GenerateSlug
- Extension Method OrderBy
- Extension method Truncate string
- Extension method WordCount
- Get Physical Path To File
- Keyword algorithm extension method
- Null handling Doubles
- Null handling Integers
- Null handling Strings
- String Concatenate
- System.IO.Path.GetFileName Extension Method
- Validate Date
- Validate Email Address
- Validate Image File
- Validate Audio File
- Validate Number
- Validate URL
- Get Key Values from Web.Config
- Google Text Sitemap in ASP.Net-MVC
- Google XML Sitemap in One.Net